Tuesday, April 03, 2012

I'm baaaack

Greetings Children of the Night and Welcome to Spring!

Here in sunny Florida we really didn't have a winter to speak of so it actually feels more like summer here. I'm sorry I've been away so long, it feels like I've missed so much. I missed last week's episode of Monster Man (which I promise to catch up on soon) and after my bacon nails I had to abandon my latest project.

April is Autism Awareness Month and April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day and Light It Up Blue Day. On April 2nd all over the world people light up blue to shine a light on Autism Awareness and Research. More than 1000 structures in over 180 U.S. cities and 30 countries joined Autism Speaks. Iconic landmarks around the world – including the Empire State Building and the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in New York City, Universal Studios in Hollywood and Orlando, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, along with the Niagara Falls and CN Tower in Canada, Gano Bhabon, the Official Residence of the Prime Minister and hundreds of other buildings in Bangladesh, Christ the Redeemer Statue in Brazil and the Sydney Opera House in Australia – as well as people's own homes lit it up blue.

Great Buddha of Hyogo Kobe, Japan (image source)

Empire State Building New York, New York (image source)

Christ the Redeemer Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (image source)

Sydney Opera House Sydney, Australia (image source)

Niagara Falls, Canada (image source)
 Well today I'm going to do something a little different. I was going to participate in the Blue Nails for Autism for April but I quickly realized I only had two bottles of blue so that wasn't going to work. However I did do one mani for Autism Awareness month. This is one coat of nail Life Gripper, two coats of Wet n' Wild Denim Chrome and Sally Hansen Super Shiny. I then drew a puzzle piece in white on the ring finger.


For more information or to join the cause you can go to Autism Speaks. Every post during April I will start with one Autism Fact.

Hope these motivates you to go out and fight for the cause. Do any of you know someone with Autism? I'd love to hear your stories.

Thank you for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment