Friday, February 03, 2012

Birthday Mani

Freaky Friday my Children of the Night!

As you may remember Wednesday was The Boy's birthday. He turned 30 this year *eek!* and he's not too happy about it. I just refer to him as 29.99 with shipping and handling. Well when I asked him what mani he'd like to see for our dinner out this is what he asked for. I really had a hard time getting this color to photograph right. It's Sinful Colors 24/7 and I have since found out that it actually has a China Glaze dupe (Shocking Pink). It's an insanely shocking neon pink. One of these day's I'll swatch it on it's own. I love pink but this is a holy cow, day glow pink. Not anything I think I would ever wear on it's own.

Shade

Sun

Shade
As you can see some of the pictures give it a slightly purple cast in the shade that his color does *not* have. There is nothing purple at all about this color. The third picture is the most accurate. The formula is kinda streaky. It took three coats and the brush is terrible but for a $2 polish I am *not* going to complain. It's not bad enough I'm going to go out and buy the China Glaze dupe. I think the Sally Hanson Ink Splatter over it makes the pink do-able without being "holy cow look at that woman's nails! She looks like she belongs in an 80s movie!"

We didn't actually end up going out for his birthday. Instead we opted for dinner tonight and tickets to The Woman in Black. I'm hoping it's as good as the early reviews are saying. It's Daniel Radcliffe's first attempt as an 'adult' actor and I wish his career all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment