Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

Hello to my Children of the Night. I hope y'all had a bloody good Valentine's day. I ended up spending it with my folks instead of the boy (really not sure how he felt about that, he's been kinda snarky.) He an I however, went to a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert the Sunday prior so I'm going to count that as our 'date' *giggle*.

For the evil love holiday I was going to paint my nails black but I had a girlfriend request I do something for her. She wanted hot pink, red, and black. I immediately figured I would try to do an ombre (seeing as how that's hot this spring.) Oh my word what a complete fail! In the interests of full disclosure I am going to post the pictures of my fail. Don't worry I did NOT leave the house with my nails like this. I ended up with a red glitter paint with gold stamped hearts. Silly me though broke a nail before I got really good pictures of it. I may be able to find a crappy one on my phone to post.

First I put down a base coat of Nail Life Gripper and two coats of Sinful Colors 24/7. After that I added Sally Hanson Rapid Red tips. I really should have just stamped on some red and white hearts and called this a good job. Oh no, I had to be 'creative.' *rolls eyes*

 I then used a make-up sponge to blur the red farther down into the pink. This is where I started to go wrong. My lines are far too clean. There isn't enough bleed through.
  Here it *almost* looks promising.
After that dried I added Sinful Colors Black on Black tips with the make-up sponge. Again there isn't nearly enough bleed through. I just ended up with really harsh lines and a Toucan Sam effect.

 In an attempt to blur the lines I added two coats of Sally Girl Disco Ball and that just gave me a shiny toucan. *snicker* Yeah this was not one of my better attempts.


Well here is the final product with the bottle of Sinful Colors Black on Black. Yeah.... not really my best attempt. I'm glad I went with a red after all. I'll have to check if I took a phone picture and sneak it into my next post.

Night now my nails are bare *ACK* and I'm out of ideas. This weekend is our Bay Area Renaissance Festival and I might be going on Sunday, depending on how I feel. I've been plagued by really nasty headaches lately but I have friend how is a massage therapist who has offered to help me out. First time for me, so we'll see how it works out. I'm trying to decide if I want to do my nails to match my Ren Faire costume. It's a green stripe skirt. with a white top. Maybe green and white french? Eh we'll see.

Thanks for reading. 

Face Off was on last night. Hopefully I can have my Face Off post up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment