Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oldie but a Goodie

Greetings Children of the Night. 

My original plan for today was to start the 31 Days of Nails Challenge. Instead though I figured I would wait until Monday. Actually, at this point, I may wait until next month and do the 31 days of April.

Today I have for you one of the duo-chromes in my collection. I went into the box and picked out a random color. I had forgotten how much I love these kinds of colors. It's Sally Hansen's Nail Prisms in Amber Ruby. It is an extremely sheer color. Had I remembered I would have layered this over a white or black. Instead, I figured I would layer this to opacity for the pictures. Here I have four coats, and you can still see a little VNL. All the pictures are one coat of Nail Life Gripper, four coats of Amber Ruby, and one coat of Sally Hansen Super Shiny.

sun
 In this Picture you can actually see the color gradient moving down the nail. Closer to the cuticle is red, and the tips are the mossy green.
shade

Flash


Sun
Sun
Sun
Indoors (no flash)
 Here's the green. When I realized today that I hadn't gotten a single picture of the green I quickly snapped a few shots at an odd angle. Glad I was able to capture it.
Indoors (no flash)

The color though is just so pretty. It moves in a spectrum from red to orange to 'amber.' At some angles, in the shade, you can actually see a mossy green. This color also has a shimmer that is much more evident in the bottle than it is on the nail, but can be seen in the sun or under the flash. I took a ton of pictures trying to get the entire spectrum. This one just has to be seen in person. 

Going to start cleaning the house today for the company we have coming on Saturday. Hope y'all have a great day. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment