Friday, March 16, 2012

The Green Eyed Monster

Top O' The Morning My Children of the Night!

Honestly if you're anything like me you have a tendency to curse the day star. All the same, St. Patrick's Day happens to be one of my favorite holidays, right next to Halloween. That meant I just *had* to do a themed mani. I had a good friend post a picture for me on Facebook of some really lovely inspiration. When I tried it, it really didn't work out for me so I ended up doing something slightly different.

Image source




 Instead, I started with one coat of Nail Life Gripper then a shear lime green color and did two coats. It's from the L.A. Colors shimmer brights collection. The color itself doesn't seem to have a name. After that I did the top third of my nail in two coats of Finger Paints Key To My Art. Once those had dried I used a cosmetics sponge and sponged Finger Paints Sketch an Etch in the middle of the nail. This ended up giving me a really cool ombre effect. After they all dried I put two coats of Sinful Colors Green Marsh over the top. Green Marsh is an ancient color I can't even find on eBay. It's a lovely green and silver holo bar glitter in a clear base.I ended with two really thick coats of Sally Hansen Super Shiny.

Sun
sun

sun
 In this picture you can really see the holo/rainbow effect in the silver bar glitter.
sun
shade
indoors with flash

I think you can really see the gold tips from Key To My Art and the ombre effect. I love Key To My Art in the bottle. It looks like liquid gold.
indoors no flash
Green March #175
Here is the bottle of Sinful Colors Green Marsh. My mother bought this for me when I was still  in high school as a St Patrick's Day gift. I had *completely* forgotten I even had it until I found it in a box of goodies at my mothers house. I added a little cheap clear polish and *voila* it was just like new! I guess my Sinful Colors obsession started young.

I really wanted to go back to my nail art roots and do a little free hand design but I just haven't been able to find the time. I've been cleaning like a madwoman for the company we're having on Saturday for dinner. At this point I'm just hoping that my mani will last until Saturday.

Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy a pint for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment