Tuesday, January 24, 2012

BOOTS!

Hello My Children of the Night.

Sorry I missed yesterday. Honestly I've spent the last few days feeling rather under the weather. I'm still not at 100% today but I couldn't justify another day off.

Today I'm going to share with you a little alteration job I did. As you know (or may not) I am a Plus Sized Princess (PSP) and this, at times, can make buying clothing difficult. It makes buying tall boots damn near impossible. About two years ago I had a lovely woman offer to sell me a pair of thigh high boots fairly cheap. She couldn't wear them and so wanted to get rid of them. Knowing they didn't fit her I have *no* clue what possessed me to say I'd buy them. These became an obsession. Over two long years we traded jabs and pokes, Facebook messages, and only heaven knows what else over these damnable shoes. I finally bought them off of her, got them home, and *shock* they didn't fit! I was not to be detered though. I am the queen of alterations. There is nothing I can't fix so i set to fixing these.

Here is what I started with (sorry no actual before picture)

(image source)
and here is my after!

As  you can see I did some alteration. There was a seam down the back of the boot. I took a *very* sharp pair of Gingher sewing scissors and split that seam. I then inserted a panel of stretchy lace 7" by 12" into the opening creating a rather sizable gusset. IN the picture you can see the lace peeking behind the laces.
After I inserted the gusset ( I own a Husqvarna Viking machine that went through that vinyl like buttah) I started to add the eyelets. The eyelets are large 1/4" eyelets. There are 15 up the sides of each boot, so 30 per boot.

Finally I bought 3 yards of ribbon and laced it up the back of these boots. They are insane. Why a 5'11" woman needs 6" thigh highs I have no clue but I cannot wait to wear them. They have become a source of joy and pride. I'm the only one who owns a pair that looks just like this.

Have a Terrible Tuesday and thank you for reading. Leave a comment with the craziest alteration you ever did to a article of clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment