Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Oh Black Polish, You're Still My Favorite

Greetings my children of the night!

I know, I know it's a bit cliche but I adore black polish. There is just something vampy and sexy and mysterious about black nails. There is just a little tinge of bad girl about it too. After all, black is not exactly your grandmother's polish color. 

For Christmas my mom gave me (in addition to a beautiful set of nail art brushes) a set of three Orly mini polishes. These were all from the new Orly holiday soiree collection. I got a mini Ma Cherie, Oui, and Androgynie. Oh how much I really adore Androgynie. Eventually I’ll end up doing posts about Oui (a purple jelly base with a gold shimmer) and Ma Cherie (a jelly red) but this… this… oh it takes black to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL. 
Sun
Shade

It has silver and gold micro-glitter and larger multi-colored hex glitters in a smoky black base. These pictures are two coats of Nail Life Gripper, two coats of Androgynie over one coat of Sinful colors Black on Black. Then one coat of Sally Hanson Top Coat.  While this color can stand alone, it takes three or four coats. I found it a smidge hard to work with because all the lovely larger hex glitters settled to one side of the bottle and I’m having a hard time getting them out. However if that is the worst I can say about this color… I’m sold. The polish itself has a beautiful texture, not at all gritty. That's why I only needed one coat of Top Coat.

In the shade picture you can really see all of the hex glitter. It may be a few days before I do another nail post. I'm not taking this off for awhile.  


Have an amazing Terrifying Tuesday.

1 comment: