Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Zombie Green is for Me!

Hello Everyone and Happy Wicked Wednesday!

Admittedly I'm not a green person. I look good in green but lime green nail polish is simply not my cup of tea. I didn't even buy this polish, the Boy did. However, I'm glad he did. He bought it to pay homage to my favorite shoes. Iron Fist Zombie Stompers. Yes those are MY feet in the most amazing shoes on the planet!

To me Sally Hanson's Lickity-Split Lime is the best shade of zombie green ever. It's a creme green with a grey tinge to it. It's not quite what I would call neon, it's simply not that day-glow green I would expect of a neon. It's more of a grey (rotting flesh) green.

The formula on the first coat was really streaky. This is a two (or even three) coater.  I love the brush in these insta-dri polishes. It is an amazingly wide flat brush that covers my nail in those three perfect swipes. I have been known to put a coat (or 5) of a glow in the dark polish over it to create a radioactive mani! These pictures are without the glow-in-the-dark coat (or even a top coat). Again I know...cuticles = hot mess! I'm at least improving.


Shade
Sun

For Christmas the Boy's mom gave me the best pair of pedicure sandals EVER!!! You have no idea how much I am in love with these shoes. They look really cute too. Yes, I know, only my big toe is painted. The rest ended up Sinful Colors Black on Black and I put the Ink Splatter Sally Hanson Crackle over the green. I find crackle doesn't work well on my little toes. I guess not enough room, so I just paint them black. I pretty much end up with the same effect.


Hope everyone has a fabulous day. I'm going to finish up my house chores for the day because tomorrow night I sadly have a memorial to attend and won't be home. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment